That Hollywood Hills brushfire started by two teenagers from Illinois playing with fireworks (and later 'fessed up about it) was well covered this afternoon. LATimes reports:
The fire seemed to transfix parts of Los Angeles.
On Ventura, Sunset and Hollywood boulevards, people walked outside stores and apartments to watch the plumes of dark smoke. Many snapped photos, some of which were quickly placed on various photo-sharing websites. Traffic on several freeways and streets slowed as people dealt with smoke and just kept their eyes on the fire.
"It's quite bizarre," said Tida Sripanich, 20, a photography student who was shooting the fire from a nearby park. "We never thought we'd see a wildfire in this part of town."
• The first photo on flickr, though it's not time stamped, seems to be from Wildbell.
• LAist filed in with a Google Map and a few pics then moved on.
• AtWater Newbie has a good headline: "Smoke Over AtWater, Fire in the Sky
• BloggingLA stays on the scene since the first post at 12:59 by Culver City's Caryn Coleman, David Markland happened to be with LAFD's Brian Humphrey at USC. eecue goes back to his fave LA spot by the 6th Street bridge.
• CurbedLA stayed faithful updating their post, until hunger set in.
• Daily News:
ADD SHORT TRIP: The two teens are back home in Illinois after being arrested, and then released to their parents.
Top: Smoke over downtown L.A. as seen from top of City Hall (3:15 p.m.) After the jump, another one from City Hall looking toward the Hollywood Hills (3:12 p.m.) and one more looking down 8th Street, 1/2 block west of Broadway. (2:38 p.m.) Photos: View From a Loft